Cancer patients have special nutritional needs. A healthy, well-balanced diet can help during treatment and on through recovery. Our licensed, registered dietitians provide nutrition counseling and education, as well as customized eating plans to:
- Manage weight
- Ease side effects of treatment
- Help you make smart dietary choices
At Moncrief, learning about healthy eating isn’t restricted to the clinic. We take nutrition education to the next level by putting you directly in the kitchen. We provide multiple, six-week culinary courses designed to give you the skills to create delicious and healthful recipes at home. These include:
- Fresh Foundations courses that focus on cooking to reduce your risk for cancer while you try recipes from across the U.S. and around the world
- Culinary Medicine courses that emphasize general healthful eating and are open to the public
- Cooking Matters courses, offered in partnership with the Tarrant Area Food Bank
All classes are available in both English and Spanish.
Find Out More.
Look for cooking classes on our Event Calendar.
For more information or to register for a class, call 817-288-9828.