Whether you’ve just been diagnosed, you’re in the middle of treatment or you’re starting recovery, you don’t have to go it alone.
Through the support groups at Moncrief Cancer Institute, you can meet and talk to people who are facing the same issues you are. Support groups are a place to share, listen and learn. You can find extra emotional support for yourself – and get a chance to help someone else in need.
Led by licensed social workers, our support groups are available to current and former cancer patients, as well as their families and friends.
Our support groups include:
- Prostate Cancer Support Group – 3rd Monday of every month, 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm - Contact person: Gayle Wilkins, 817-250-1868
- Grupo de Apoyo Mujeres con Cancer – 2nd Wednesday of every month, 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm - Contact person: Maria Velez, 817-288-9826
- Brain Tumor Support Group – 3rd Thursday of every month, 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm - Contact person: Carolyn Young, 817-288-9891
- Art of Caregiving – 1st Thursday of every month, 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm - Contact person: Andrea Wright, 817-288-9829
- Head and Neck Cancer Support Group – 2nd Wednesday of every month, 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm - Contact person: Carolyn Young, 817-288-9891
- Survivor's Journey Of Hope – 2nd Thursday of every month, 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm - Contact person: Andrea Wright, 817-288-9829
- Hard to Break (Stop Smoking) – 4th Thursday of every month, 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm - Contact person: Martin Deschner, PhD, 817-288-9808
Sign Up Now.
For a full schedule of our support group meetings, visit our Event Calendar.
For a detailed list of other support groups for cancer patients, look on the American Cancer Society website.