What is 3D Mammography?
At Moncrief Cancer Institute, we provide a comfortable environment, convenient appointments, the latest technology and renowned UT Southwestern radiologists reading every scan. Our advanced technology includes state-of-the-art 3D mammography, also known as digital breast tomosynthesis.
3D mammography, considered the most advanced breast screening and diagnostic technology, captures multiple images of breast tissue and creates a three-dimensional picture of the breast. The result is a clearer image and a more accurate test. According to a study in the Journal of American Medical Association, 3D mammography detects 41 percent more invasive breast cancers than a standard 2D mammogram and reduces the rate of false positives by up to 40 percent – leading to greater peace of mind with your results. The revolutionary technology is available at our Fort Worth location and on our Mobile Screening Clinic.
Call Moncrief Cancer Institute at 800.405.7739 to schedule a mammogram or click here to request an appointment. Please note that appointments must be made in advance; we regret walk-ins are not possible.
- Mammogram appointments can be scheduled Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at our Fort Worth location or on our mobile unit (weekend hours available).
- There’s always plenty of free surface parking – no hassles with parking garages.
- Results are provided within two days electronically or a week by mail.
- Most insurance plans and Medicare are accepted.
- Funding is available for uninsured and underserved women.
- Breast cancer screening for women 40 and older
- It must be at least 1 year since your last mammogram.
Serving Tarrant County and Beyond
Moncrief provides nearly 10,000 free screenings a year to uninsured and underinsured women in 35 counties throughout North and Central Texas.
In some counties, we provide mammograms aboard our Mobile Screening Clinic, an 18-wheeler that’s equipped with private dressing and exam rooms, plus advanced, 3D breast tomosynthesis screening equipment. In addition, Moncrief partners with local hospitals and clinics in many counties to provide breast screening in facilities across North and Central Texas.
Funding for breast screening is provided by Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC).
Request an appointment online or call us at 800.405.7739.